Friday, June 18, 2010

Goodbyes are never easy.

6-17-10
I woke up and watched the first half of the Argentina game at the residencia. At halftime, Chelsey and I headed to Ellis's hostel.There we watched the second half. It was pretty epic of a game. After, I walked among the horns and celebrations and headed to school. At school, I waited 2.5 hours (half an hour into the next class) just to get my grade. It was really annoying. Because of this, I missed lunch. I dropped off my grades and got food.

After, I packed a good portion. I then burnt a cd of photos of the kids from Aldea Yanapay for my friend to give them. I then hung out and packed. I went out and bought a new dress shirt before meeting up with friends for cupcakes. After, I got dressed and headed to the goodbye dinner.

It was delicious. It was an all you can eat place. We all drank and talked and had a good time. But then the goodbyes started and that is when things got sad. Say goodbye to the program directors, especially one was particularly hard. They have been family here and I have nothing but love for them.

After, I went to a friend's apartment where we watched the basketball game and hung with friends. Then I ran into Elysa from Guilford. We hung out and chilled and chatted about the land we miss. Then I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment