Wednesday, May 19, 2010

22 Hours, 4 movies, but happiness about being here

5-18-10
I woke up and quickly got ready. I headed out the door when I realized I forgot my ID. I then hurried to school. At school, I did some studying with friends. My professor was there but my History teacher played sub. We took the exam. I then headed home on the bus, where I saw soldiers doing drills. At home, I packed and grabbed lunch. I made sure everything was in order. I then headed out the door.

I got the bus station where I relaxed for a bit until I saw my bus was ready. I boarded it but few people joined. I figured more would come on the 20 hour ride. I napped for a little bit. Then I awoke in time to watch the Blind Side. The subtitles were major fails, they seemed to by ear instead of reading the script. For example, instead of Clemson, they put California. After the movie, I read until they put on the Proposal. This time the subtitles seemed to be more commentary with few scenes with subtitles in Spanish. We periodically would stop and pick people up. They put on the Boy with Striped Pajamas. Depressing movie. They need to realize what they are putting on there. Then I went to bed.

5-19-10
After a rough night of sleep, I woke up around 9:30. They put on Seven Pounds in Spanish. I read and finished my book so I have now moved onto an Isabel Allende book. After a few hours more, we finally got to Salta. I took a cab to my hostel and checked in. After, I grabbed two superpanchos (hot dogs) and ate them since I was super hungry. Then I walked around the main part of the city for a bit. I saw a travel place and booked the next leg of this trip. Tomorrow, I am going to the Salt Flats, some towns and going to end up in Pumamarca. After that, I only have possibilities. I have to be in Tucuman by next Wednesday. Between tomorrow and then, I have no idea where I will be until the day before. But that is part of this trip to go with it. I have possibilities but no definites. I will post when possible.

Con Amor y Paz,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment