Monday, May 17, 2010

Dirty War and Chocolate Cupcake

5-17-10
I woke up and studied a bit more but not much. I packed some but had to drop off laundry. I then had lunch and talked a friend who just got back from Salta and Bolivia. I then headed to school. In History, we watched a very emotional documentary about the people who disappeared during the "Dirty War." I knew it was a very tragic thing but I had no idea what exactly had occurred until I saw this movie and the fact that my teacher was in tears after it. It was a real eye opener.

In Spanish, we went over the homework and had some presentations. After class, I talked to friends before heading home. On the way home, I bought myself a cupcake for later. I studied and wrote a paper about Evita for my literature class since I won't be able to write it in class on Thursday. I then talked to Abbey before picking up my laundry and packing some more. I then had dinner and packed some more. I then finished my paper and studied some more. I may or may not write a short entry before I leave tomorrow but if I don't. I will try to show some proof of my travels while I am about on here if possible, since I don't know the internet connection.

But here are some of many words that I will be carrying with me on my travels

“To the desert go prophets and hermits; through deserts go pilgrims and exiles. Here the leaders of the great religions have sought the therapeutic and spiritual values of retreat, not to escape but to find reality.” - Paul Shepard

“See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.” – Chapter 13 of the Tao Te Ching

"who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?" – Hunter S Thompson

"A man could be a lover and defender of the wilderness without ever in his lifetime leaving the boundaries of asphalt, powerlines, and right-angled surfaces. We need wilderness whether or not we ever set foot in it. We need a refuge even though we may never need to set foot in it. We need the possibility of escape as surely as we need hope; without it the life of the cities would drive all men into crime or drugs or psychoanalysis." – Edward Abbey

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."— Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment