Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend of Water, Buffets, and Fun Times

3-25-10
I made it for breakfast. Already a good day. I started to get my stuff together before heading to campus. After some struggle, I finally found the classroom (it has been in a different room every week). My teacher is completely scattered brain. A lot of us were confused about what was happening. I miss the US system. I headed home after class. I packed and hung out at the residencia. I then watched Boca Juniors vs. River game. Boca won 2-0. I then headed to school.

At school, I met up with friends and chatted before heading onto the bus. I sat with my friend Alana. We watched Up and the Ladykillers along with some bad 80's music. We chatted about random stuff before heading to bed.

3-26-10
I woke up right as breakfast was being passed out. We eventually got out and swapped buses to one that would take us around the area. We then headed to the Jesuit ruins. They were pretty cool. They reminded me of the missions in California but more destroyed. We walked around and took photos.

After, we headed to a house where we had so much delicious food. We hung by the pool, played games and pretty much relaxed. How this is study abroad, I have no idea. Some of us did a small excursion to a yerba factory where they make the yerba for mate. It was cool to learn how it is made. Then on the way back, some people went into a river while the rest watched. Then we chilled and drank ice tea which was amazing. Then we headed to the hotel. I slept part of the way and watched Sherlock Holmes for part of the rest of the way. We got to the hotel and checked into our respected rooms. I showered and shaved before going down for the buffet in our hotel. It was delicious. The rest of the evening, I relaxed before heading to bed.

3-27-10
While the 7 am wake up call was hell and a half, the day would prove worth it. I ate some breakfast before putting on much needed sunscreen and bug spray. We then boarded the bus to head to the falls. I was eager with anticipation. We walked to some of the waterfalls that were near the entrance. They were amazing. So much power and beauty. I loved it. Yet another reason why I came to South America. I am so glad that I have. This part of the world is so incredibly beautiful. Eventually, we took a train to the Devil's Throat. This is the big one here. It was so crazy incredible. I took as many pictures as I could before getting drenched. The sound and water everywhere. So crazy.

We eventually got lunch. After hanging out for a bit, we then moved down to another part where we could stand at the bottom of a waterfall. It was so incredible. SO WORTH COMING DOWN HERE. We then took a boat to the bases of some of the massive ones including Devil's throat. You are suppose to show "Mas Agua, Mas Agua" and boy did we ever. We got drenched and it felt like we were going to get hit by the waterfall. After, we headed home. I crashed on the bus ride back to the hotel.

At the hotel, a lot of us went swimming in the pool which was a lot of fun. After, I showered and changed. Then grabbed dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. After dinner, a lot of hung out and drank wine and watched War of the Worlds. Eventually, we headed to the hostel across the street and listened to live music. A little later, I headed to bed.

3-28-10
Another early morning. I grabbed my stuff together and put it in my bag. I then headed downstairs and ate breakfast. After, we boarded a bus type thing. After heading down a muddy road, we ended up in the jungle. There, we learned about some of the local indigenous cultures. It was really interesting. We learned about how they hunted and their customs. For example, if you killed an animal with a certain trap but it bleeds too much, it can not be eaten and you would no longer be allowed to be a hunter. We then heard a song by some of the local children. After I bought some items.

We headed to the hotel, where we grabbed lunch at a local resturant. It was fun. I ate pizza and had fun conversations. Then we headed to where Argentina's border (separated by rivers) meets Brazil and Paraguay. It was pretty cool to see. We then headed to the airport. There, we checked our bags and waited for our plane. We boarded with no problem. I listened to music, read and wrote for the ride. After, I grabbed my bags and rode in a cab with a few others home. On the way, our cab driver spent some serious time on the other side of the road. But I survived.

At home, I talked to people about the weekend. I unpacked and went out for some food with people. After, I came home, did some homework and edited my photos from the weekend (stand by for them to be uploaded). I got an email about shooting a wedding in North Carolina in September!!!!!!!! Need to figure out this possibility out. :)

Such a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! This sounds so wonderful, and I'm so so happy that you got to do/see/experience all those amazing things! It makes me happy to know how happy you are there :D
    ps. YAY ANOTHER WEDDING JOB!!!!!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete