Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Walk, Run, Fly or "Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

2-23-10

I woke up around 9:30 so I could have breakfast. I ate some crossiants which hit the spot. I read during this time. The book is really picking up and I will probably finish by Sunday at the latest. I then showered and got ready for the day. After reading for a bit, I walked around and grabbed some lunch. I then went back and relaxed some more, including reading. Like I said, hard to put down. I was slightly second guessing my decision to go paragliding.

Eventually, the van came and picked me, and two girls from Buenos Aires up. We picked up a German from another hostel, and headed out on our bumpy way. We passed many places I had yet seen including a Walmart (weird). Eventually, we picked up the people flying with us, along with the gear. Then we headed up high, very high. The road was windy around a mountain. I fought slight motion sickness along the feeling that the truck was going to fall off the cliff. It was really scary. Eventually, after far too long, we got to the top. It was beautiful. I could see so much. Eventually, we put on our gears and got strapped to our guides.

First you walk, then you run, then you fly. I closed my eyes shortly after take off but eventually I felt comfortable. It was amazing. I so could do this again. I loved it. The rush was enjoyable. I was around 2000 meters if not more above the ground. I really enjoyed it. My guide was really cool. Eventually, we tried some tricks like going really fast in a circle, but this got me sick so I told him not anymore. We eventually hit the ground, with my butt instead of my feet but I was ok. We enjoyed a nice cold beer after which helped me relax.

After back the hostel, I relaxed for a bit. I then headed out to drop off a roll of film. Then I wrote this (the computer at my hostel is broken). The rest of the night´s plan, eat dinner, pick up my photos, then read and relax.

1 comment:

  1. Ick, the thought of a Wal-Mart in that beautiful part of the country is so disheartening. Yay paragliding!!! I'm sooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete