Thursday, February 11, 2010

"The skyline was beautiful on fire"

2-10-10 continued

After dinner, Niko Michele and I headed to the Aldea Yanapay resturant. On the way, we saw two teenage boys playing around. Then all the sudden, police showed up and started wacking them. Eventually like 15 officers surrounded them and got them and put them in a truck and drove off. We were kind of shocked.

At the resturant, there was about ten of us. We drank, chatted, smoked shisha. I hung out with two Spaniards from Santander, and Natalia and her boyfriend who are from Madrid. It brought back an urge to go to Madrid. I miss it so much. Eventually, we all got up and started dancing with goofy hats on. Then headed home to write and sleep.

2-11- 10

I woke up around 9. I checked somethings online and then got dressed. I picked up the five photos that turned up. To be honest, they were the only ones I remember taking so I didn´t care for the rest. Then I headed back to the hostel. I read a bit of my book which I am near finishing. I listened to music and chilled. I am hoping that a band, Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band, I like is coming to the US since they are doing a European tour soon. Then I grabbed lunch. I ate my lunch and watched Friends with others. It is funny to see what is missed in the translation.

At school, we did more math which a lot of the children hated. But we had to force it on them. With the first group, I wrote individual problems based on their level and then marked them. Some kids were really good and smart and others not. In the second group, we played a game but a lot of feelings got hurt.

In the circle, we played sharides but only with movie titles. In family time, we danced which got distracted by other families in the same area. I am slightly worried about the dance but we shall see. Now to have the volunteer dinner one last time. Theme tonight: Hippy

Word of Advice: Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a good band to listen to when reading books about post-apocalyptic

No comments:

Post a Comment