Monday, February 1, 2010

Dirty hands

Day 21 (2-1-10)

I woke up around 9ish and cleaned up my room for a bit. Then I relaxed and read for a bit. Eventually I was able to chat with Abbey for a bit. It was nice. She finally gets to ride on a train. I also talked to Kelsey who was trying to convince me to come to North Carolina during my summer. I looked at flights and it was 400 US roundtrip just I don´t know my summer plans so obviously I couldn´t go book it without not knowing my plans. I also looked at the off campus application. I am trying to see if I can do it for financial reasons, then medical then try other. We shall see. Eventually I had to say bye and went to get food.

After food, I walked back to my hostel. There I talked game plan with the people who were in the art class with me for the week. Then we all headed to school. Today was my first day with the art class and the tigres (age 4-6). The art class, we made mobiles. Some kids were naturals at it but others had time focusing. I had to sit down a kid several times. In the circle, I had some of the young girls who were in group playing with my glasses. Then we broke up into our familes.

We told the children that we were going to be Mexico. We made pinatas. They were very messy but fun. The children in this group are a lot nicer. I have several siblings of the kids I had last week. My old kids missed me and were sad that I was not in their group. Eventually we had to say bye for the day.

After the volunteer meeting, Justin, Michele, Natalia and two new volunteers, Richard from London and Niko from Germany and I went out to dinner. We went to a resturant we had been to before. We talked about various things. There were many people who came in asking for money by playing music or singing. We had one kid who sang and when we offered him food instead, he just stared and didn´t know what to do. After a while, we paid the bill went back to the hostel. At the hostel, people are watching New Moon. Most of us are making fun of it.

1 comment:

  1. Arts and crafts with little, adorable kids = Priceless :)

    ReplyDelete