Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another book down

Day 22 (2-2-10)

Today I woke up around 9ish. I read for a bit, finishing Motorcycle Diaries (I only have the Road left, I hope to make it last till Buenos Aires where I found an English bookstore). Good as before. Then I chilled for a bit before I got breakfast. I went and bought some bread. After, I hung out with people and ate. I then was able to chat with Abbey for a bit. Then I hung out at the hostel. Had some spìcy dish for lunch but it was good. I watched some Friends with an Argentine. Then I talked to my partner about the plan for the day. We decided on some facts for Mexico to explain to the kids.

After, we headed to the school. There my art class made things for the posters to get more recruits for volunteering. Some of the children were really artistic. I was really impressed with them. One girl was really adorable. Every time she would put something to dry, I would chase her back into the class and I would get a big smile from. She is really cute. I will get a picture of her. After, we had circle time where girls played with my glasses. Then it was family time. We finished the pinatas. Then we played a matching game that I had orchestrated with different information about Mexico for Friday. Then we colored. Then milk time.

After, I quickly talked to Abbey but had to run because people were impatient for food. We ate a cheap but really nice vegetarian resturant. We got a lot for the money we paid for. I quite enjoyed it. It was Justin, Michele, Natalia, Niko, Richard and two British girls traveling with Richard. We eventually left. Some of us watched Mystic River.

No comments:

Post a Comment