Saturday, February 20, 2010

120 Days...

2-20-10
After drifting in and out of sleep on the bus, I woke up around 9 or 10. We got to Mendoza, I am not sure exactly but a little later than expected due to the weather. I grabbed a cab to my hostel. I checked and relaxed. I talked to some of the people in my hostel. I then decided and booked the following schedule; on Sunday evening, I am going horse riding and having BBQ dinner, Monday I am going wine tasting for the afternoon, and on Tuesday, I am going to face my fear and try paragliding.

After doing this, I decided to walk around some of the city. I did this for a while. It is pleasant but I guess I kind of expected more from the possibly second biggest city in the country. It was also werid walking around without my nice camera in hand. I am dealing but its withdrawal for sure. Eventually, after grabbing a bite to eat, I came back. I then relaxed. I read a bit of my book and actually napped off and on for a bit. Then I woke up. I read some more. I met a Canadian chef, who looks a bit like the actress, Carla Gugino, and a Swedish man who looks kind of similar to Matthew McConaughey. We went out of drinks. It was a lot of fun talking about random stuff. Then some Aussies from our hostel joined us. Eventually we headed back. Now I will try to sleep which will be questionable since the hostel is blasting music and people are partying in the lobby, since I think some leave tomorrow. REALLY? Not neccessary.

PS. Read up about the San Pedro Prison in La Paz. Sounds crazy. I plan to read "Marching Powder" eventually.

1 comment:

  1. What does the "120 Days..." title represent love??
    ps. Yay overcoming your fear!!

    ReplyDelete