Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here comes the flood

2-19-10
My cab never came. So I ventured into the rain. The street that my hostel was on was pratically a flood. Crossing it took a great while. I tried to get a cab but he refused. Then I made it to the big street. I had fight more flooding. Then I got a cab but as I put my bag in, a woman said it was hers. My cab driver fought her off, and I jumped in. In another situation, I probably would have given it to her but I was running late and fighting floods. We got to the bus station. This was complete madness. I couldn´t find my bus on the screen. I was panicked. I kept asking. Eventually I heard it on the loudspeaker. I ran to its station. It was running late like me. I got on. It was really nice. Kind of like first class of buses. The seats recline into beds etc. Had sappy love songs on the radio. I instead listened to "explosions in the sky" to put me to sleep. I drifted in out of sleep. I made it to my hostel. Now to decide the order I want to do things, wine tasting, paragliding and horse riding.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment