Saturday, May 22, 2010

On the Road

5-22-10
I woke up and grabbed breakfast. Again, it consisted of tea and toast. I then packed my bags up and headed out the door. Luckily, I headed out when I did, because my bus was pulling out when I showed up but I was able to get on. The ride to Humahuaca was a pretty one but I barely made it to my second bus. I actually didn´t but made one that left right after. This bus ride was somewhat stressful because it often was driving near the cliffs. But I survived. After 2.5 hours or so, I got to Iruya. It was a pretty hillside town. I took some pictures and ate llama milnesia for lunch. I then walked around and took some photos, including some of condors.

I then got back on the bus to head back. Besides the stress of driving along the edges, I gave myself a minor panic attack worrying that my bags, especially the one with my passport and wallet would fall off and be loss. When we reached a pit stop, I checked and it was fine. I moved that bag down with me. When we got off the dirt road and headed back to the paved road, we got a flat so it took like 10 minutes or so to fix.We eventually got back to Humahuaca. There I made my decision about where next to go. I chose Jujuy because it was close and easy to get to Cachi, my plan destination for tomorrow. I waited for a bit for my bus. Then I got on. I pretty much listened to music the whole way. I have arrived to Jujuy. We shall about me trying to get to Cachi.

No comments:

Post a Comment