Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Took a Cab to Go See Jesus Upon the Mountaintop

2-9-10

I woke up around 9ish. I checked some things and then showered. Natalia, Michele and another girl from Spain went out to run some errands. We grabbed crossiants. We then stopped at the camera store, where Michele´s camera got fixed! After, I mailed some postcards. We then headed to San Blas where Natalia got a hat, and I got some amazing chocolate. Cusco or maybe Peruvian chocolate is amazing. Then Michele, Natalia and I took the cab to Cristo Blanco.


It was really cool since I won´t probably be going to Rio de Janerio on this trip. It was gorgeous plus I got to see the whole city from up top. There were ruins up there but because of the looming rain we didn´t fork over the money. We had a nice cab driver who drove us around and so we got to see them from a slight distance. They were cool, maybe I will go next time.


At the hostel, I relaxed for a bit. I took a bit to Abbey before I got lunch. After lunch, I chilled and looked up some information about Colombia for my country. Then I headed to the school. At first, I took some photos because I had no children. Eventually I had one of the children, Mauro read to the younger kids. I took more photos and continue to make up for all the lost ones (got 107 in total). In the circle, we talked about the garden they are building for the children. I got special permission to take photos for the week. In the family time, we decided to do a dance for the show. The boys are hard to motivate to dance but they kind of did it.
After, I went to dinner with Niko, Richard and other volunteers, mostly British. We went to Jack´s Cafe. It was fun as always. We talked about various things before heading back. At the hostel, I sent photos and tried to send a video file to the Guilfordian for my article coming out on Friday. I then watched some of Harry Potter and the Globet of Fire. Then I journaled before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment