Friday, February 26, 2010

So it begins...

2-24-10 continue
So I got to the bus station but I was told to get on the wrong bus. So I did until someone came and claimed the seat. Then I had to grab my suitcase and wait for my bus. Luckily this didn't take too long. I rested for a while until a woman came and sat next to me but she was in charge of the blinds which she wanted to see everything. This disrupted some of my sleep. So it was not as easy to sleep on this bus as the one to Mendoza.

2-25-10
I drifted in and out of sleep due to my refusal to do anything. My bus took forever to back to Buenos Aires but it finally did but an hour late. I quickly hopped into a cab and got my hostel. I put down my bags and checked things online. I checked Nikon's website and based on my translation they had told me that there was no point in fixing it. I wanted to double check, so I quickly dashed out the door. I got to the Nikon store where I was told this. So I have to get a new one. But to add insult to injury, they gave me back my camera and lens. It felt like salt on a wound. When I asked why, he never gave me a real reason why. I then headed around the store and asked what their various options.

After getting some prices, I headed to a used camera store that I knew of. I quickly rushed there. Turns out the street it is on, has several different used camera stores. So I went to various ones and find outing my various options and writing them down. So I came back with 5 different options to decide from. I then headed to try to meet my friend Dana to get back my camera from her but I ended up not being able to at that time because she was running errands. I headed back to my hostel. There I emailed my rents and explained the situation. Then I was able to meet with Dana. Then I headed to my hostel. I asked someone who had a camera if I could see if my lens still work and it DID!!!!!!!!!!! I was happy about this. Then I got changed and met up with Desiree. We got sushi at this restaurant that she knows the bartender. We got free shots periodically. It was nice. We talked and had fun. Then we moved to a bar. It was a lot of fun. Then we grew tired and called it a night.

2-26-10
Woke up and got my stuff together. Then I started to move into my residencia and meeting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment