Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feeling SOOOOOOOOOOO Good to be Alive

View along the way, but doesn´t do the beauty justice


2-7-10



I woke up around 9ish for Michele and my journey to Pisac and the ruins. I checked some stuff online before grabbing my cameras and heading out. We walked and talked. Then we stopped at a pastery shop to get breakfast. Then headed to the bus station. We paid only 2 soles per person. It was a pleasant ride. We listened to music and laughed at people. One woman was breast feeding on the bus right near someone´s head. AWKWARD.


We got to Pisac after an hour or so. We walked around and enjoyed the nice Sunday market. It was really crowded but we made some purchases that we were happy with. We continued walking around but then decided that it would be best that we eat before going to the ruins. I had a delicious beef and avacado sandwhich. It was quite enjoyable. Then we headed in a cab and then went up the ruins. We took the cab and paid the 70 soles fee. We then entered the ruins.


The picture above does no justice to the beauty of the place. It was so magical and such a great feeling. It reaffirms all of the reasons for coming to South America. It made up for not being able to go to Machu Picchu. I had such a great feeling. Michele was the perfect travel companion. We were just amazed by the beauty. It made me feel soooooooooooooooooo good to be alive. I cna only imagine what Machu Picchu would make me feel like. There is so much beauty there is almost unbelievable. I tried to write about how it made me feel but I couldn´t descibe how amazingly beautiful it is. It is almost unreal. I still can´t get over it. It is proof that I am living in the beautiful.


After hiking down for several hours, we made it back to Pisac. We walked to the buses, got on one and listened to music. Gustavo Santaolalla provided the perfect music to arrive back to Cusco. After getting to the bus station, Michele and I took a cab back. I then wrote and relaxed. Eventually, I got people to allow me to watch the Super Bowl. I am rooting for the Saints though I don´t care much. I thought that the Who did a really good show at halftime playing a mix of their hits. The Saints won!!! I was quite happy with this. Since then I have relaxed and plan to journal before I go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! The picture is beautiful and I'm so happy that you got to venture to this magical place :)

    ReplyDelete