Saturday, January 30, 2010

A night of Peruvian music

Day 20 (1-30-10)

I woke up around 9ish and finished writing my blog from yesterday before I posted it. I then headed out with Justin, Michele from Quebec and Natalia from Spain. We got breakfast at this cute little resturant near Plaza de Armas. We chatted over scrambled eggs, toast and juice. From there, we window shopped and walked around the city. We tried to figure out plans for tomorrow but couldn´t figure out any at the moment. We had some drinks at a nice vegetarian resturant.

After a while, it started to rain so we headed back to the hostel. There, I read and hung out many of the Argentines in our hostel. After a while, I had a skype date with Abbey though we had some difficulties. While we chatted, I wrote my next article for the Guilfordian. We shall see if it gets in. After an hour or so, we said our goodbyes. I hung out at the hostel watching Into the Wild for a bit. Second beautiful movie I have seen parts of in the last 24 hours. Then the Argentines decided to watch Chocolat. I have been moving photos to my harddrive while watching it from a far.

After that, I hung out with the Argentines in my hostel. We chatted about a lot of different things. Eventually Natalia and Michele and I went to a couple bars. The first one had a reggae band which was entertaining to say the least. But the bar got way too crowded so we only stayed for 20-30 minutes. Then we went to a neighboring bar where we were able to get a table. They had a cover band playing. They did eight minute plus renditions of Stand by Me and No Woman No Cry. The singer was really good and the guitarist was crazy. Then we headed home.

1 comment: