Thursday, January 28, 2010

Me and My Big Head

Day 18 (1-28-10)

Today I actually got up and headed to the Peru Rail office. There, I was the only person so I walked up to a desk. When I asked if I could move my ticket to the 6th, the guy told me to just get the refund since they have no idea when it will be open. I guess I will wait and see what happens next week. I then headed back to my hostel.



I relaxed, read, watched some tennis and other stuff with the other guests. I talked to Abbey. I then grabbed some food. There was a lot of things going on in Plaza de Armas. So I observed. Most of it was to get people to donate. It seemed like it was worth it. After getting some food, I walked back to my hostel. I hung out for most of the time trying to figure out what to do about my costume.



We all headed to the school. I started to take pictures of the kids. Like at Glenhaven, the children love to be in front of the camera. Eventually I got them to understand that I wanted them to continue what they were doing. I took photos of them playing games, bonding with the volunteers and other stuff. It was a lot of fun. We finally our group to know the dance but they are still out of control. After, I went into the costume room, and couldn´t find anything supermanish. I instead found a big head like from a person at amusment park of a Peruvian boy (hard to explain without seeing it). So I decided to go as a Super Peruvian. I have my Cusco pants on, pan pipes, my head and a pancho.

All the kids loved my costume when I was walking down the street. Adults kind of just stared at me. The dinner was really good food. It was great to see the people´s costumes. We had cheap drinks. We talked and posed for goofy photos. Then we started to play games. It was a lot of fun. We then danced and played limbo. One of the Argentine girls tried to teach me to dance which was a lot of fun. After a couple of hours at the resturant, some of us went to the club. It was an electronic club that brought me back to high school memories. It was a lot of fun. I was even able to check in my big head at the coat check and get it back. It was pretty much amazing. We were there for a few hours and then headed to the hostel. It was a really fun night.

Sad news. J.D. Salinger died.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAAHAHAHAH I think that Checking My Giant Head needs to be the title of something significant about this trip (photo album, chapter in your biography)--- it sounds so fun! I'm glad you're having a great time, Super Peruvian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oh my. I completely agree with Amanda! I wish I could have seen everyone's expressions as you were walking by in the street! Again, I'm so glad you get to hang out with such wonderful kids, its all so amazing and I couldn't be happier for you. Yay dancing!! :)

    ReplyDelete