Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting the ball rolling

Taken on with my Colorsplash Flash

So I woke up and read for a bit. Than grabbed some breakfast and read till I finished the book. It was really interesting to read about some of the history of the region I will be heading to soon. Granted, it was a heavily leftist view, but I am a pretty leftist person. Then I started a movies that I was interested in seeing in theaters but never got the chance. The movie is one called Moon starring Sam Rockwell and directed by David Bowie's son.

After this, my mom and I talked and I tried to get a reservation for a hotel in Buenos Aires and I have chosen one called Five Cool Rooms. It was not bad, for as my mom puts it, getting barrings. I also joined a club called South American Explorers Club that have lots of information on different places like arranging trips and transportation etc. They will also hopefully help me store my stuff but first I need to get confirmation from them. After this, I had to go the dentist to get my teeth cleaned which was not so fun. Flossing and blogging/journaling are apparently going to have to be my biggest hobbies this year. YAY! but not. Then I headed into the Columbia City where I knew of a used bookstore but it turns out that they had too many copies of the book I was trying to sell so they would not take it. This book is impossible to sell. So I headed home. There I chilled and talked to Abbey while she was in the country still (she is about to study in London!). I helped my mom with the pictures of mine that she purchased through my website. She ordered one big in canvas and two to be framed. I also got my crazy new color flash that works with most camera. I have only tried out three of the colors (It appears to be a slightly complicated process to change colors).

Eventually, we headed to my grandparents' house for dinner. We talked about my travels and whatnot since they had been to most of where I am planning to go. It was nice to have their perspective. After dinner and cake, we headed home where I have cleaned up the room I stay in and then watched some Modern Family (which is very funny, generally) and Cougartown (which is hit or miss). Then I watched a creepy French filmed called Martyrs. Then off to bed

Tomorrow's agenda is go into Seattle to try to resell this book, maybe go to REI to get some stuff, try to go Glazer's for camera gear and then go back to the travel clinic because they forgot to fill out my card

2 comments:

  1. First of all, that picture is absolutely wonderful :)
    Also, those 3 hobbies are very nice, even if one happens to be something rather annoying to do. The way you describe your grandparents makes me want to meet them even more. You're becoming such a businessman too lol. Yay this blog, keep it up love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Course. The only time I won't is when I am traveling and won't be near a computer. They want to meet you too

    ReplyDelete