Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 5 continued

I got some money and food for relatively cheap. I think the economy isn't much better here than in Argentina. I came back to my hostel and wrote for a bit. There were two American girls from Florida. When I told them that I go to Guilford, one of them knows someone who I am somewhat acquinted with. The small world theory that defines my life strikes again. They decided to nap, I to shower. After showering, I got up in my bed and starting Michael Crichton's The Lost World. Like Jurassic Park, it has traits of the movie but different prob better in the end. I then drank with the two Floridians some beeer called Cristal that the hostal was having a barbaque for only like 10 dollars max (I am not sure about the exchange rate). We chatted about our various travel plans, and maybe I will meet them somewhere in Argentina. We then moved our drinks outside and talked to one of the chefs of the evening, Sergio. He chatted to us about the conflicts that Chile has been, for example Peru and Bolivia, and how each country saw the conflict. I took some pictures of the intereaction that I will post sometime. He also talked about the election happening on Sunday and the various people running for the high office. Soon a group of Brazilians came and joined us and chatted about soccer. Then a German woman who is traveling around the world (I want to do that and plan it well). It was fun. Eating great food and chatting about travels. I then went to take my medicine for being up in Peru because of the high altitude.
If I dont go to Bolivia, again due to safety issues, maybe I will come back here for a few then bus it to Mendoza and start a trek from Mendoza to Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment