Monday, February 14, 2011

Jack Sinclair: ENFP







First of all, I really enjoyed the change in venue. Not that there is something wrong with the old one, I just think that is incredibly refreshing to explore more of the woods that we are blessed to have. Well I have been a good amount time wandering throughout them, I always feel like I am learning more about them. I hope that we can have more classes exploring these woods.

I learned a good number of information from Mary Edith Alexander. Her talk was really informative. Even though my choice of direction in life is different than hers, it is also different than probably most art majors. So it gave me some confidence in that I can still do some art work without it being in the typical environment.

The Lyle Estil talk was pretty awesome. I had no real knowledge of who he was besides working in biofuels. So it was pretty awesome to learn about how he got his start in the business and all the ups and downs that Piedmont Biofuels has experienced. I also found it interesting his take on how he ended up being invited to speak at Guilford. He seems bitter about the fact that BB&T requested his speech. He seems to be pretty against the capitalistic market that brought him to be a part of the series he is. So I thought that was pretty entertaining to hear him to rant and ramble.

Now onto the different intelligences by Howard Gardner. Gardner makes me really happy that he is anti-IQ test. I have always been intimidated by the fact that this test exists. I always wonder who are these people that judge whose smarter than others. It felt severely outdated and just misplaced in the way our society works these days. So Gardner put my mind at ease. I liked the different intelligences that he discusses. I could relate some a lot better, though when I saw musical I got disheartened again because I have no musical talent minus an appreciation for it. There are major ramifications to Gardner writing this. I really hope people took him seriously because I feel like a much better me when I read him. As an ENFP in terms of Meyer-Briggs, I am much more in touch with feelings instead of thinking and I think that Gardner would appreciate that I am comfortable with that about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment