Monday, January 17, 2011

Facebook & Gonzo



The blog is back up and running. This weekend, has involved lots of football, movies and relaxing. Nothing too interesting.

I watched The Social Network. My favorite movie of 2011 in terms of Oscar hopefuls. David Fincher is one of my favorite directors (though he is going against another favorite of mine, Darren Aronofsky). I love his style and lighting. I got flashes of Fight Club and Seven while watching it. Aaron Sorkin did a fabulous job writing the script and makes me want to read the book that it is based on. Jesse Eisenberg, usually type-casted was perfect in this role. He actually has been on a role with the films I have seen with him, especially in The Education of Charlie Banks. I feel like it should and will win Best Picture this year.

I have been reading Hunter S. Thompson's The Proud Highway. It provides fabulous insights into one of my favorite authors and personal idol. I fully plan to own his complete works one day, and I have a poster from the documentary, Gonzo, about his life. Now to start my blog for my IDS class. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment