Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparing for the next leg

Day 8 (1/18/10) continued:
I went out to the supermarket and bought myself a Caprese sandwich. I then walked back to the hostel and ate with some of people I am friends with. We chit chatted for a while. Then two older brothers from San Fran joined us. We all talked for like 20 minutes or so. Then we decided to head out. We ended up at a wine bar. We got two Argentine bottles for seven of us. We talked about travels, video, photography, and more. It was pretty fun. Then we all headed back and then slowly made our way to bed.

Day 9 (1/19/10):
Today was a pretty simple day. I woke up and grabbed some breakfast and drank some orange juice. I chatted with some of the people in my hostel. I showered, brush my teeth and got ready for my day.

I then headed out and took some pictures for 30 minutes or so. I finished off my first roll here on the Holga. I hope the pictures turned out. I eventually meandered into the internet cafe. There I looked up more volunteer programs since I was hearing very little responses. I figured I might actually have to go the places and ask in person. I skyped with Abbey which is always wonderful. We discussed a possible weekend getaway in September which would be amazing. Then I headed to the grocery store and bank. I got some fried rice for lunch and stir fry for dinner. I headed back to the hostel.

I ate my lunch and watched some tv. I then read some of my book and printed my boarding pass. I got online to check things and had another Skype date with Ms. Dean. We swapped Time Traveler's Wife quotes. Unfortunately, we could not do voice to voice the whole time because of a weak internet connection. I discovered a few places in London I want to go that I have never been before. So I hope to go there whenever I shall make my return to that fabolous city. Eventually she had to go because of things to do and I had a guy kind of creepying. He is quite awkward. I then ate dinner and chilled and packed for Cusco.

1 comment:

  1. See now we have to go on the trip in September, because you mentioned it in your blog :)
    Best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete