Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An email I am sending to various news orgainzations

Dear whom it concerns,
My name is Jack Sinclair. I am currently in Cusco, Peru. I am emailing you because I want to let you know that the landslides and flooding that has been barely on the news is affecting more than the tourists who were stuck at Machu Picchu. There are at least a reported 2000 people who are now homeless. Towns have been destroyed and there is uncertainity about how many people have died. This situation has concerned me. I am a studying journalist and willing to try to help out with whatever you would need.
Thanks,
Jack

4 comments:

  1. http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/27/peru.machu.picchu.floods/index.html?hpt=T2

    I guess something is better than nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is getting out...there have been a few stories. your grandparents called me concerned about you after reading a story. keep writing....hopefully you will get up there. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that it is finally getting out. But most of the focus is on the tourists. I emailed this to Huffington Post, NYTimes, CNN (so I was happy to see some input in the article before) BBC and AP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rather proud of the journalist/activist in you :)

    ReplyDelete